Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Losing My Mind

Yes, losing my mind has been a slow and difficult process but the rewards are slowly creeping in. 
I am not talking here about losing it in the Howard Hughes sense, or any other form of mental illness. No, what I have been losing slowly over the past few years is my dependance on using a tool that quite frankly was using me all along. Beginning about ten years ago, after reading a book called "The Seat Of The Soul" by Gary Zukov, and perhaps culminating a couple of years ago after reading Eckhart Tolle's "The Power Of Now", I now find myself operating on a different level. I am. Yes, I am......and really it all begins and ends right there. This is the most fear-free I have ever been, ironically, it's also been a time of situations and events that could easily have sent me to a psych ward in the past. I have decided that beliefs don't serve me very well since eventually I would end up serving them. But for now, I'll operate in this reality under this one belief: it is essential to my well-being to be completely aware of anything and everything that is going on in my mind.

1 comment:

  1. something that i've come to realize is that we (humans) are just very intelligent animals.. but animals to be sure.. which means we have instincts, basic drives. animals don't need belief systems, i think the nature of animals (and nature) is to 'just be' fortunately, nothing we humans can do can destroy nature entirely, but we are doing a pretty good job to hurt the balance on the Earth. we humans have the ability to choose.. like free will. so we often deviate from the original state of nature... and i think if we follow our true instincts, not corrupted by arrogance or apathy or ignorance.. we will have nothing to fear.
    sorry, i'm not sure what i'm trying to say.. rambling i guess. but, i should really look into those books man, they sound really good.

    ReplyDelete